CHS Teacher Agreement
Teachers certified to teach in CHS agree to:
- Follow the Course Outline and requirements outlined by the respective University academic department.
- Take the necessary steps with the high school to insure receipt of electronic communication with attachments from CHS. Read and respond to CHS communications in a timely manner, observing all deadlines.
- Create a syllabus from the template provided by CHS, and distribute and review it with students. Distribute and review application/registration materials with students.
- Collect all completed student application/registration materials by the assigned deadline and mail the materials to the CHS office. The distribution/collection process should be limited to a two-week period. Students should not send in their own applications.
- Inform CHS if a long-term substitute teacher is needed for the course for a period longer than two weeks, so that CHS can either obtain provisional certification for the substitute teacher or cancel the CHS course and issue refunds for students.
- Administer University of Pittsburgh course exams according to the instructions provided by the liaison. Grade the CHS assignments and exams and assign a University of Pittsburgh letter grade for each student. Teachers are not permitted to use the advance copy of the exam as a teaching aid.
- Assist with implementing course assessment tools in the classroom as part of the University of Pittsburgh’s ongoing academic assessment efforts. Teacher cooperation is expected and appreciated.
- Update teaching information annually. Provide estimated CHS teaching schedule and estimated number of students expected to register for the CHS course in the following year.
- Attend an annual subject-area meeting arranged by CHS on the University of Pittsburgh campus.
- Agree that CHS has sole discretion to withdraw teacher certification to teach in this program, thus discontinuing teacher participation in College in High School.