CHS Teacher Agreement
Teachers certified to teach in CHS agree to:
- Offer CHS University of Pittsburgh courses in your school in person, during the designated class time according to your school's schedule.
- follow the Course Outline and requirements as specified by the respective University academic department.
- observe and enforce all CHS deadlines.
- attend your annual subject-area meeting arranged by CHS.
- take the necessary steps with your high school to ensure receipt of electronic communication with attachments from CHS. Read and respond to CHS communications in a timely manner.
- create a syllabus from the template provided by CHS and distribute and review it with your students at the beginning of the course. Upload the syllabus into Aspire by one month into the course.
- assist your students by reminding them of all necessary deadlines, as well as registering for their course(s) and completing the registration process.
- inform CHS if a substitute teacher is needed for your course for a period longer than two weeks, so that CHS can either obtain provisional certification for the substitute teacher or cancel the CHS course credit and issue refunds for students.
- administer University of Pittsburgh course exams according to the instructions provided by your faculty liaison. Grade the CHS assignments and exams and assign a University of Pittsburgh letter grade for each student. Teachers are not permitted to use the advance copy of the exam as a teaching aid.
- assist with implementing course assessment tools in your classroom as part of the University of Pittsburgh’s ongoing academic assessment efforts.
- update teaching information annually. Provide your estimated CHS teaching schedule for the following year.
- agree that CHS has sole discretion to withdraw your teacher certification for this program, thus discontinuing teacher participation in College in High School.